[linux-dvb] FIX: No recovery after lost lock

Marian Durkovic md at bts.sk
Fri Sep 23 09:27:47 CEST 2005

> Anyway, recovery seems to be faster without fine-tuning, at least with
> my Nexus, higher symbol rates and a good signal...

Actually I'm also quite confused by the following:

STV0299B datasheet says, that tracking range of the derotator is +/- MCLK/2
As MCLK of STV0299B+SU1278 is 64 Mhz, derotator should be able to
compensate +/- 32 MHz frequency drift.

The zigzag scan steps are symbolrate/16, upto maximum of symbolrate/2.
At symbolrate of e.g. 27.5 the zigzag steps are 1.718 Mhz upto 13.75 Mhz.
This is far less than the tracking range of the derotator on stv0299B.

Is the zigzag scan needed  ?

	With kind regards,

		M.