[linux-dvb] Nebula DigiTV not working with recent kernels

John Dickinson john at jsdickinson.me.uk
Mon Sep 26 21:50:42 CEST 2005

Thanks for your very quick reply.

>Is this related to adding Nebula mt352 support to dvb-bt8xx.c, which broke
>nxt6000 support?
>See: http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-August/004238.html

The new code for the mt352 version of this card doesnt seem to be in the
kernel. This is strange because from what I have read I would expect it to be
there. The patch you mention above is listed as a patch to 2.6.13. See:

I downloaded the latest kernel from kernel.org and checked that.

This is the section from dvb-bt8xx.c in the kernel

#ifdef BTTV_TWINHAN_VP3021
        case BTTV_TWINHAN_VP3021:
        case BTTV_NEBULA_DIGITV:
                card->fe = nxt6000_attach(&vp3021_alps_tded4_config,
                if (card->fe != NULL) {

As you can see this looks nothing like the old code shown in the patch.

Maybe I am being stupid but it looks to me like code that should be in 2.6.13
isn't there.

Anyway - I guess this means - no it is not related to the new code.