[linux-dvb] Artec DVB T1 cold start problem

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Wed Sep 28 10:14:59 CEST 2005

Hi Damiano,

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Damiano ALBANI wrote:
> I have an issue with my Artec T1 (AN2235, USB1.1) : it
> is *ONLY* recognized by the kernel when in "warm
> state" -- that is booting in Windows and then
> rebooting to Linux. Syslog says :

This is because some (all?) devices are delivered with the default USB IDs
of the Cypress USB chip. (That's why the usbtest module is loaded).

> And it works nicely with MPlayer, etc.
> Whereas, when the device is plugged in as "cold", the
> kernel module isn't "triggered" at all. There's only :
>
> localhost kernel: usb 1-3: new full speed USB device
> using ohci_hcd and address 3
>
> And that's all. Well, it is recognized, but by the
> usbtest module -- which I removed.

which kernel are you using? If you are able to, please update to 2.6.13
and use  the instructions from here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Artec_T1_USB_TV_Box

Hope this helps.

best regards,