[linux-dvb] SkyStar 2 Problem Detecting MAC Address

Joshua Griffith josh.griffith at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 20:06:08 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have successfully installed a Technisat SkyStar 2 DVB card under
FC4.  I have also successfully tuned it to the DVB L-band signal and
have picked up the dvb0_0 network interface using dvbtune.  Executing
"dvbtune -m" shows no block errors and high SNR.  However, the HWaddr
shows up as 00:00:00:00:00:00 when "ifconfig -a dvb0_0" is run.  Does
anyone know how to pick up the correct MAC address?  I'm using
dvbtune-0.5 and linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0.

Thanks,

Josh