[linux-dvb] DVB-T card for PCI-X + Digital-RADIO-Linux-Questions

Soyeb Aswat soyeb at btinternet.com
Fri Sep 30 21:55:38 CEST 2005

> 2) Are there any other Dual DVB-T cards out there? (Or at least planned)

None that I've seen.

> 3) Questions about digital radio.
> Is it possible to listen to digital radio with linux?
> I think here in Germany the standard for digital radio is DAB,.. so I'd
> need a card that supports that, I think.
> Are there DVB-T cards that also supports digital radio? (of course with
> Linux support)

DVB and DAB are completely different.  DVB does have radio, but that's
really just an audio only mpeg stream.  DAB is a standard created
specifically for digital radio transmission over the airwaves.

I've seen a PCI DAB card in development, but that was a few years ago
and it was never released.

> 4) Does anyone know if that cute Terratec card, Jon mentioned befor,
> supports digital readio?

It'll support DVB radio, but not what you want which is DAB.

Soyeb