[linux-dvb] Compro VideoMate DVB-T 3000 - More data

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Sun Apr 2 12:40:47 CEST 2006

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> I think the cause for your different observation lies in the module load
> order / configuration. Please check:

OK, I must admit to being pretty confused about the way 2.6.x loads
modules. The saa7134 is being loaded, and pretty early in the boot
sequence, automatically. But I don't know what causes it. Shortly after
the serial ports get set up, the IP/TCP stuff is setup, then ACPI, and
then saa7134 get loaded.

> - Does your configuration set the card type manually (card=70 insmod
> option)?

No, and I couldn't work out how to make this happen. I tried creating a
file called saa7134 in modprobe.d with only the line "options saa7134
card=70,70"; this works when the module is loaded by modprobe, but not
when it is loaded automatically at kernel startup. I tried putting
saa7134 card=70,70 into /etc/modules but this doesn't affect anything
(perhaps the module is being loaded already before /etc/modules time).

> - Does your configuration load the tuner manually?

I don't think so. Which module do you mean by the tuner?