[linux-dvb] Club 3D ZAP-TV250mini

Jonas Sølvhøj jonas at soelvhoej.dk
Sun Apr 2 21:23:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

Just got this device. Looking at
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB I got the impression, that
this is based on the DiB3000M-C/P, but I don't think this is true.

The usb id without firmware loaded is 14aa:0220, and with firmware loaded
under Windows the is is 14aa:0221.

I opened the device and found the following chips:
cy7c68013a
mt2060f
mt352

Using this information and an earlier post in this list I think the device
is dtt200u/wt220u based.

I downloaded the latest v4l-dvb from hg, and tried changing
USB_PID_WT220U_COLD from 0x0222 to 0x0220 and now the device is found and
the firmware dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw is loaded. This makes the led at the
device flash, so this can't be totally wrong.

I'm not currently at a place where I can receive a dvb signal, so I'm not
sure if the device is working now.

The last part of dmesg is as follows:
dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 300 msecs.
dvb-usb: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) successfully
initialized and connected.
dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110

Is the last message something to expect?

Can I provide any other informations to help get this device supported in
linux?

Best Regards,
Jonas Sølvhøj