[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i DVB-T in 2.6.16

Tim Davis linuxtv at silkworm.org.uk
Mon Apr 3 12:04:57 CEST 2006

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 09:09:00 +0200, Jon Severinsson <jon at severinsson.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm new to this list, and hope someone can help me with a problem I
> have. I'm trying to setup a Pinnacle 300i in DVB mode. Due to other
> parts of my system running the old 2.6.12.5 kernel isn't an option, but
> I noticed that the 2.6.16 changelog includes "V4L/DVB (3395): Fixed
> Pinnacle 300i DVB-T support". So I set out to try it on 2.6.16.1, but I
> couldn't get it working.
>
> <snip>

If the comment in the 2.6.16 changelog refers to Harmut's fix from a couple of months ago then there could still be a problem with the module load order. the tda9887 module needed to be loaded first to ensure the tuner is correctly detected:

Harmut Hackman wrote:
>> A remaining problem is that the tda9887.ko module needs to be
>> loaded before tuner.ko. The reason seems to be the tda8290 probing
>> code wich seems to be harmful only for the pinnacle cards.

Search the list archives for 'Pinnacle 300i' from around January.

Tim