[linux-dvb] multiple frontends question

Christophe Thommeret hftom at free.fr
Fri Apr 7 15:14:43 CEST 2006

Le Vendredi 07 Avril 2006 14:54, Evangelos Stergiou a écrit :
> Thanks for your ideas. I will try a workaround with dvbstream...
> Actually my real need is to listen to a Service ID.
> So when a PID changes, I can still receive my multimedia by satellite as
> long as the SID stays the same.
> This isn't possible, is it?

If the pids of a given service change quite often (unusual), you will have to
regularly parse PAT/PMT to retrieve the new pids and set the demuxer
accordingly.
Another option, if your device support that, is to get the whole TS from the
current mplex (dvbstream <options> 8192) so that you wont have to set the
demux on each change.

--
Christophe Thommeret