[linux-dvb] Partial success with Avermedia 777 remote

Jose Alberto Reguero jareguero at telefonica.net
Fri Apr 14 21:49:45 CEST 2006

El Viernes, 14 de Abril de 2006 12:56, Ole Reinartz escribió:
> Jose Alberto Reguero wrote:
> >There are some problems.
> >Not mask_keyup bit.
> >Not mask_keydown bit.
> >When the card is working some bits of the read gpio  are changing.
> >
> >With the attached patch, all key works, but when one key is pressed twice
> > or more it is only recogniced one time.(You can not press the same key
> > twice).
>
> Hi,
> just came around to test that on my system. Where do you have
> ir_codes_avermedia defined? I guess it should be in saa7134-input.c, but
> I only find it in bttv-input.c. And there I also find a
> ir_codes_avermedia_dvbt. Which is the right one?
>
> Ole

They are at drivers/media/common/ir-keymaps.c in the current v4l-dvb
I try with ir_codes_avermedia and works well.
ir_codes_avermedia_dvbt is for avermedia 771 remote.
In kernels <= 2.6.16 you can use md2819_codes that are in saa7134-input.c and
work well too.
The problem when press the same key is because:
In line 58 of saa7134-input.c:

gpio = saa_readl(SAA7134_GPIO_GPSTATUS0 >> 2);

always return the last key pressed.
And I don't know how to clear the last key pressed from gpio.

Jose Alberto.