[linux-dvb] Getting Kworld ATSC110 to work (problem loading saa713x-dvb)

Jon Frenkle dantes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 11:49:19 CEST 2006

Hello.

I'm not sure if this is the right medium for this time of question but last
night I came across your webpage and was very interested in seeing if I
could get the Kworld 110 hdtv tuner card to work on my 2.6 build. After
getting the build through hg clone of your site I did make and make install
and I then did modprobe saa7134 and saa7134-dvb and on the -dvb i get FATAL:
Module saa7134_dvb not found. Now when i run lspci I get Philips
Semiconductors SAA7133/SAA7135 Video Broadcast Decoder (rev f0). Obviouly
saa7134 is not saa7133/7135 but wanted to see if I could get anything. At
this point I realized I had no /dev/dvb adapter so I wasn't getting anything
in xine or mplayer nor could I run tools.

So I ask where exactly is saa7133/7135 in the cvs build?

There any other guides or readmes I am missing because I think i have read
everything i can find on your tree related to the atsc110 and can't find a
black and white representation of it.

Once again not sure if I should post support here or if your mailinglist is
all about development, at least I am not emailing privately :)

Later,

Jon