[linux-dvb] stage 1 of tuner/pll refactoring

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Wed Apr 19 02:17:45 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> Hi, ok, since I decided to NAK my own patch due to it being too big, I have
> redone it :)
>
> They are up at http://linuxtv.org/hg/~quincy/v4l-dvb-tuner-refactor
>
> This also includes some fixes from mkrufky.
>
> Please let me know what you think. I don't want to make any more major changes
> in this phase - its big enough already.

Just looked at b135a928cfc5 (DVB core changes for PLL refactoring).

The doc comments inside struct dvb_tuner_ops are not very
helpful, IMHO. They are often just stating the obvious and
make the code much less readable.

OTOH it's not clear why set_frequency and set_bandwidth
exist "for complex tuners" when there already is
set_params and pllbuf (bad name, BTW; how about calc_regs?).

(Sorry, no time to read through all the code.)

HTH,
Johannes