[linux-dvb] MSI Mega Sky 580

Rob Bacon rtb21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 20 15:25:40 CEST 2006

Hello,

I bought one of these USB pen DVB tuner a while back and recently decided
that I'd like to use this on a linux box. I was wondering if there has been
any luck in getting this to work in the past? Google searches have, hoever,
turned nothing up.

When I look at the packaging and compare it to the Wideview/Yakumo/etc.
type devices, it looks identical in term of remote control and aerial that
come with it.

lsusb returns...

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0db0:5580 Micro Star International

but none of the drivers available in the 2.6.15 kernel seem to recognise it.
Cheers,

Rob Bacon