[linux-dvb] Hauppauge IR remote codes & basic C programming

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Thu Apr 27 04:02:08 CEST 2006

Hi
I'm trying to get some more granluarity on the IR codes produced by my
remote and WinTV Nova-T card.

Darren Salt has done some great work getting extra buttons working, but I'd
like to understand better how the IR codes are processed and end up
recognised by the modules.  Specifically I need more granular codes from my
remote, as it conflicts with my TV remote.

Darren's patch
http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs/linux/dvb-ir-20060401.patch.tar.gz
I think was written for an A415 remote, but this patch stops any codes
appearing while monitoring 'input-events 2'.  My remote is a Grey R808-HPG-S
0604 002568.

My c programming is very poor.  What does the command 'ir->sampling =
(0x1E<<6) | 1'   do??  Is 'ir->sampling' a variable? (can you have '-' & '>'
in a variable????)
If so, and his A415 remote generates 0x16 to 0x1E (if this is what this
means), how do I find out what my remote sends?

Also, what does 'ir->release = jiffies + msecs_to_jiffies(120)'  do?

Finally, is there any app that will decode ALL IR codes received, or do the
expected codes need to be compiled into the modules - from manufacturer
datasheets or something??
Can anyone help?