[linux-dvb] Hauppauge/Technotrend DVB-C 2.1 vs. QAM256

Michael Brakemeier michael at brakemeier.de
Thu Apr 27 22:53:41 CEST 2006

Hi,

yesterday my cable-provider (ish, germany) changed many channels from
QAM64 to QAM256 modulation. Video and Audio on lower frequency
(113MHz) channels are now unusable (heavily distorted) using my
Technotrend DVB-C Rev. 2.1, nevertheless recording with my Terratec
Cinergy 1200 DVB-C works fine.

Since this seems to be a very common problem with this Technotrend
card, is there any ongoing development to fix this? Is it actually possible
to fix this?

Maybe someone could give me a hint for some changes or a pointer to
an "unofficial" patch I can try?

Btw, I'm using the current mercurial tree with kernel 2.6.16.11.

Regards,
Michael.
--
Michael Brakemeier