[linux-dvb] DVico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus - no /dev/dvb tree andfrontend not

Christopher Pascoe c.pascoe at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Feb 6 06:07:47 CET 2006

Hilton wrote:
> Interesting - looks like your card has a different frontend on it
> than a usual Dvico dvb card.
>
> I had a quick skim at Chris Pascoe's page (he wrote the dvico
> drivers), and looks like he's managed to get the Fusion working, as
> of yesterday.

The only card that is semi-working at the moment with the new ZL10353
frontend is the DViCO Hybrid board.  Some Plus boards with the new frontend
have turned up on the market, however I don't (as yet) know how to program
the PLL when it is hooked on the other side of the ZL10353 IC.

I am currently making progress on obtaining the appropriate specifications
for the ZL10353, which will let us determine just how different the chip is
(and whether it should remain a standalone frontend module or merge with the
MT352) and also permit us to get full status information back from the chip.
Until such a time as I get the new specifications, only the Hybrid board is
semi-supported - however if someone in Brisbane has one of the new Plus
boards, I should be able to get it going (without status information) as
well.

Regards,
Chris