[linux-dvb] Twinhan Starbox USB support

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Mon Feb 6 13:10:07 CET 2006

Hi,

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, CR wrote:

> How well does the current driver for the Twinhan Starbox USB unit work?
> Are all the major features functioning?  Any surprises with this unit?

Afaik, the driver should work, but it doesn't :).

This is due to a lack of tests I could not do when I wrote the driver.

Maybe this will change soon, when I get a dish - but I cannot promise
anything.

Besides: the box has PID filter inside and thus can only put out 8
different packet-streams at a time.

> I am thinking about pairing this up and a laptop using a NEC USB 2.0
> chipset. Is there anything I need to keep in mind?

There are other USB2.0 DVB-S boxes, but they are not supported either.

best regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de