[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Mon Feb 13 00:04:47 CET 2006

José Luis Bolos wrote:
> 2006/2/12, Hartmut Hackmann <hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de>:
>
>>Please try the patch and report whether it works for you.
>>
>>Best regards
>>   Hartmut
>>

> Using 2.6.16-rc2 and patching against the v4l-dvb repo, it's working
> flawlessly here, analog and digital reception is perfect. Thank you
> very much. Now to get the new MythTV working ;)
>
> Will this make into 2.6.16 or we'll have to wait until 2.6.17?
>
> Regards,
>
> José Luis

No, it will not make it into 2.6.16. I still need to fix the issue
with the module load order and i expect / need some discussion about this
patch. The GPIO "hack" makes use of the remote control impossible. I once
heard that it depends on the firmware for the card (micro?) This is why
it is in this "strange place" in saa7134-dvb. Maybe i will make it a
module option.

Anyway: Thanks for the prompt reply!

Hartmut