[linux-dvb] DVB-T devices supporting hierarchical mode?

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Wed Feb 15 16:48:09 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Manu Abraham wrote:
> >Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> >>
> >>Afaik: by default in a non-hierarchical transmission the alpha is always
> >>1 (that is where it clashes with HIERARCHY_NONE, I remember once having
> >>difficulties with that).
> >
> >300 744 states that alpha=000 is non hierarchial.
>
> It refers to the TPS, doesn't it?

I only have the tda10046 data sheet at hand. Non-hierarchical
and alpha=1 are distinct register settings, and the HP/LP selector
is a seperate bit. IIRC the same is true for MT352.

Do DibCom data sheets disagree?

EN 300 744 says "Non-hierarchical transmission uses the same uniform
constellation as the case with  = 1", but the mapping of the bits
in the deinterleaver is different.

Johannes