[linux-dvb] Bug in current hg ?

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 19:36:05 CET 2006

I demand that Gregoire Favre may or may not have written...

> just tried the current hg with some kernels and with all I got the same
> problem vdr quits and is marked as defunct which I can't remove, which
> leaves me the only choice of rebooting :(

[snip]
> Error (regular_file): read_ksyms stat /proc/ksyms failed
> No modules in ksyms, skipping objects
> No ksyms, skipping lsmod
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000010 RIP:
> <ffffffff803bea11>{__mutex_lock_interruptible_slowpath+65}
> Oops: 0000 [1]
> CPU 0
> Pid: 13919, comm: vdr Tainted: P      2.6.16-rc2 #1
                        ^^^^^^^^^^

You have at least one proprietary module loaded. Can you cause the same
problem with an _untainted_ kernel?

(No, I can't help, but others may decide not to help due to the tainting.)

[snip]
--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Kill all extremists!

You can never find any given item until you replace it or no longer need it.