[linux-dvb] Patch collection for bt8xx cards

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Sun Feb 19 00:06:54 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 18, 2006, Ernst Herzberg wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 February 2006 17:50, Uwe Bugla wrote:
> > Subject: Patch collection for bt8xx cards
> > signed off by: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla at gmx.de>
> > Functions:
> > 1. Clean up printks
> > 2. Fix relay handling.
> > 3. Remove op_sync_orin and irq_err_ignore
> > 4. Check msg_len in cx24110_send_diseqc_msg
> > 5. Change mode of module params to 0644
> > 6. Misc cleanup and robustness tweaks
> > 7. synchronizes documentation for bt8xx cards to the standards defined in
> > bt878.h, whitespace cleanups, more compact info now
> >
> > Applies against: linux-2.6.16-rc3
> >
> > send to: Andrew Morton <akpm at osdl.org>
> > copy to: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab at infradead.org>
> > copy to: Edgar Toernig <froese at gmx.de>
> > copy to: linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> >
> > Hi everybody!
> > The breakdown for dvb-bt8xx cards continues for 3,5 months now.
> > This patch collection finishes it.
> > Original author of parts 1 - 6 is Edgar Toernig <froese at gmx.de>.
> > I only adapted the context and the line numbers where necessary.
> > Author of part 7 is me.
>
> Thanks, this patch works without problems on my machine.
>
> Any chance to get it ito 2.6.16-final?

It can't be applied in this form, as a) it mixes patches
from two authors, b) it mixes multiple independent
small patches into one large hunk.

It might be useful if Edgar would resend his patch set,
however I don't know why they didn't get applied
the first time 'round...
(Maybe it just needs a bit of takling to convince someone
to pick them up.)

Johannes