[linux-dvb] Re: High level CI support in MythTV

Hans Gunnarsson hans.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:06:31 CET 2006

On 2/9/06, Henrik Sjoberg <hsjo at epact.se> wrote:

> Excellent! Glad to be able to contribute.
>
> Regards,
> Henrik
>
> > Klaas de Waal wrote:
> >> Hi Henrik & Manu,
> >>
> >> This is to report a success!!
> >> I have MythTV working with the Twinhan Cab-CI card for DVB-C with the
> >> Alphacrypt 3.05  CA module (as sold by satshop.nl) and a conditional
> >> access smartcard from  "tvhome" in the Netherlands (www.tvhome.nl).
> >> I have done the following:
> >> In the DST driver (hg version date 2 februari 2006):
> >> - applied patch "linux-dvb/2006-January/007452.html" as referred to in
> >> MythTV ticket #844
> >>  I did this manually as patch does not seem to understand the
> >> line-wrapped html format.
> >> - edited the ".type_flags" definition of the DCT-CI device to
> >> DST_TYPE_HAS_NEWTUNE | DST_TYPE_HAS_FW_2. This is described by Manu
> >> somewhere. Patchfile dst.patch is attached.
> >

> > Sounds great. Full credit goes to Henrik for his work on the MythTV
> > support.
> >

> >> If you put the DVB fixes in the hg version I can of course test it
> >> again.
> >
> > It is undergoing some changes, but you can find here for updates in the
> > meantime, till things are in MAIN.
> >
> http://www.thadathil.net/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-algo-test?cmd=archive;node=70266933831bc8efd85ecf808651595f79aede60;type=bz2
> >

> > Manu

I just want to report another success. I applied Henriks two patches (for
the DST driver and mythtv) and can now watch all encrypted channels that I
am entitled to.
Great work!

However, for channels where the signal is a little bit weak, sometimes
mythfrontend locks up. Anyone else seen this problem?