[linux-dvb] Technotrend C1500 budget dvb-c with QAM128 channels

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Feb 21 19:11:22 CET 2006

Simo Kivimäki wrote:

> Mattias Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> I have a TT C1500 card (saa7146, STV0297) which had problems tuning
>> channels at QAM128 (like the ones in the Finnish HTV / Welho network).
>>
>> A fix which seems to work perfectly so far is to change the delay for
>> QAM128 to the same values as for QAM256 in stv0297_set_frontend(),
>> stv0297.c (line ~395, kernel 2.6.15):
>>
>> case QAM_128:
>>     delay = 200;
>>     sweeprate = 500;
>>     break;
>>
>> Anyone who can view QAM64 channels but isn't able to tune in to QAM128
>> might want to give this a try.
>
> That works fine for me too. Thanks.
>
> Someone could put that to the cvs.

It looks to me like the attached patch achieves the desired effect,
although I know little of the stv0297 driver, and even less about the TT
1500 card.

Mattias, even though I generated this patch (just for the sake of moving
things along), would you care to sign-off on it?

Does anybody have a problem with this change at all?