[linux-dvb] Re: Patch collection for bt8xx cards for Kernel 2.6.16-rc4

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Wed Feb 22 14:48:58 CET 2006

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:
> "Uwe Bugla" <uwe.bugla at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > Subject: Patch collection for bt8xx cards for Kernel 2.6.16-rc4
> >

> I'll defer to the maintainers on this.
>
> (And if I was them, I'd be gnashing teeth.  Please never send multiple
> patches per email.  See
> http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt)

This is a minor problem.

The bigger ones are:

- Edgar Toernig refuses to give his Signed-off-by: for his patches:
  http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-February/008441.html etc.
  Maybe you can comment how we deal with this, and especially with
  Uwe now signing off on Edgar's patches.

- the dvb_bt8xx maintainer sees problems with the DMA error handling patch;
  there seems to be no interest from the side of the patch author to
  resolve these (just calling him "gatekeeper" for not taking the
  patch is the wrong way to deal with it)
  http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-January/thread.html#7415

Johannes