[linux-dvb] Dvico Fusion Dual Digital lircd problem

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 11:23:27 CET 2006

>lirc expects the DVICO to have /dev/usb/hiddev0 as the device interface. Mine creates /dev/hiddev0 so I had to create a rc.local entry to create the /dev/usb directory and then link the /dev/hiddev0 to it. You may also try irrecord and see if you get any output as you can specify the device directly.
I have seen other references to /dev/usb/hiddev0, but my system (FC4) does not have /dev/usb, or /dev/hiddev*

Any tips on how to identify what the devices shows up as?

 from dmesg after I connected the USB:

 usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
 dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
 dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw'
 usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_cxusb
 usb 1-4: USB disconnect, address 3
 dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
 usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
 dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
 dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
 DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB).
 dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
 DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
 input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input2
 dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
 dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB successfully initialized and connected.

 Before I plugged the card into usb I had these devices /dev/us*
 usbdev1.1    usbdev2.1   usbdev3.1    usbdev3.2    usbdev4.1

 After I plugged the card in I had these /dev/us*
 usbdev1.1   usbdev1.4    usbdev2.1    usbdev3.1    usbdev3.2     usbdev4.1

 I looked for /class/input/input2 and came up with this:

 [root at localhost input2]# pwd
 /sys/class/input/input2
 [root at localhost input2]# ls
 capabilities  event2  id  name  phys  uevent  uniq
 [root at localhost input2]# cat name
 IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver
 [root at localhost input2]# cat phys
 /ir0

 I don't have /ir0, it looks like it has not been detected/linked correctly...

 [root at localhost input1]# pwd
 /sys/class/input/input1
 [root at localhost input1]# cat name
 Logitech Optical USB Mouse