[linux-dvb] Artec T1 USB1.1 TVBOX with AN2235 (misdesigned) Firmware loading

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sun Jan 8 16:36:56 CET 2006

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Mick Hollingworth wrote:

> Thanks for the fast responce patrick,
>
> I removed usbtest, run depmod -ae but still no go.
>
> dmesg now says : usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 5
>                            usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd
> and address 6
>
> I am using kernel 2.6.14.5 and used dvb-usb-dibusb-an2235-01.fw in
> /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.

In the next kernel release (I hope) there will be a switch in the Kconfig
to enable your device to be loaded without changing the source code.

For now, you have to enable a define in dibusb-mb.c to make it work:

// #define DVB_USB_DIBUSB_MB_FAULTY_USB_IDs

just uncomment this line and it will work for you.

HTH,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de