[linux-dvb] how to use a DVB-s card which support several types of modulation

genpix gen_pix at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 21:53:54 CET 2006

I recently developed USB interface to 8psk module (which supports QPSK, 8PSK, and DCII modulations).
And it's already working under Windows XP.
I want to write a driver for Linux systems as well.
Though, reading the DVB API ver. 4 I have an impression that only one modulation type is supported for DVB-s cards (QPSK).
There is no field where I could set a desired modulation type.
Only FEC, Symbol Rate, and Freq. are evailable. But this is not enough for tuning.
Is there a way to use a DVB-s card wich supports multiple modulation types (whithout rewriting the code from ground up)?

Genpix

PS: please be easy on me. I'm not a guru in C++ programming.
The answer like "Just create an object based on already existing DVB-s type" simply does not work for me.
I need something on the "dummy level" :)