[linux-dvb] How to disable PID filter on dtt200u ?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Tue Jan 17 11:11:02 CET 2006

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006, Harald Welte wrote:
> *sigh* (sorry).
> Is the PID filter really implemented in hardware, or is it implemented
> in the Firmware?  If it is the FX2 firmware, I'm happy to work on a
> patched/hacked version for it.

I'm not sure about that. Some say it is a separate hardware, but I believe
it is just something in the firmware.

>> Get another box/stick. ;)
> this is already the fourth device that I've bought, this is getting a
> really expensive hobby :(

> Can you make any suggestions for a device that is actually available in
> Germany, is fully supported, has no hardware PID filter, and (if
> possible) [optionally] also supports USB1.1 operation (for a single
> channel, that is)?

Maybe others should also give their recommendations, too - as I'm working
now for this company this is maybe not objective enough:

All the currently available DiBcom-based USB devices support your
requirements. They have an optional PID filter (in the demod).

Problem with most of the DiB3000P-devices is, that the tuner mt2060 is not
supported yet.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de