[linux-dvb] Skystar 1 CI with ca_zap

Frederic CAND frederic.cand at anevia.com
Wed Jan 18 15:36:13 CET 2006

Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-16 at 16:01 +0100, youssef mcharek wrote:
>
>>I have a skystar1 CI(twinhan clone), I can watch FTA channels but
>>cannot succeed to descramble using ca_zap and a professionne viaccess
>>aston module. I tried TPS channels on hotbird as I have the
>>subscription card for it.
>
> Many of the twinhan cards I've tried have been completly allergic to
> aston cams. This is in part due to a bug in the twinhan firmware, and in
> part due to a as of yet unfound bug in the linux drivers.  To check
> whether this is the case for you do "dst-test -a", if this lists the
> name of the module then it should be working and you can try ca_zap. If
> it lists only FF FF FF FF etc then try "dst-test -r" and wait a good
> while then "dst-test -a" again. If that didn't work then you have the
> buggy twinhan firmware and the only thing you can try now is coldbooting
> the box.

do you mean that today, Twinhan cards are bug free (or at least some
issues have been solved by Twinhan) and Aston Pro Cams work with Twinhan
? The functionnality of MultiService descrambling can be use now ? As
far as i remember I never could make an aston pro cam work with a
twinhan card and the abiltiy to descramble up to 12 programs can be a
great help ...

--
CAND Frederic
ANEVIA