[linux-dvb] CInergy T2 remote control

j.brauxzin at free.fr j.brauxzin at free.fr
Thu Jan 26 17:41:46 CET 2006

Quoting Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>:

> I demand that Jim Braux-Zin may or may not have written...
>
>>  I have just bought a new Terratec Cinergy T2 wich is really fantastic
>> and works great with linux
>> But I can't manage to make the remote control work :-(
>> I've searched google and mailing-list archive but I haven't found any
>> real answer
>> The keys "1" "2" etc., the arrows keys, the volume keys and the
>> "play/stop" keys are recognized.
>
>> How can I get the other keys to work?
>
> How are you testing them? Console? evtest?

Sorry, I dont't know very much the events system in UNIX, I have just
tried the
buttons in gedit or so, and I have looked for "unknown key" events in dmesg.

I didn't know evtest but know I do ^^ and it works (with evtest
/dev/input/event2)!!! All the buttons send a signal with the right name
ie "Ok"
"Select"... But how can I use them know? Perhaps this list isn't the
right place
anymore?

Thank you very much anyway, I have great hopes now!
Jim