[linux-dvb] Freecom USB firmware version

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Thu Jan 26 21:46:36 CET 2006

James Pattinson wrote:
> dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file. (dvb-usb-wt220u-02.fw) Please
> see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more details on firmware-problems. (-2)
> Now, I have dvb-usb-wt220u-01.fw in /lib/firmware as this is what my
> other USB stick is using.
> Where are these filenames coming from? Do I have a newer version of the
> stick that isn't supported yet?

The firmware filenames hardcoded in the driver source. The file that
you're looking for was posted to this list a few weeks ago. I've
attached another copy to this email.

You can find the original posting archived at

AFAICT this file hasn't made it into the linuxtv CVS. Should someone
replace the -01 version with this file?