[linux-dvb] CInergy T2 remote control

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 26 21:46:29 CET 2006

I demand that j.brauxzin at free.fr may or may not have written...

> Quoting Darren Salt <linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>:
>> I demand that Jim Braux-Zin may or may not have written...
>>> I have just bought a new Terratec Cinergy T2 wich is really fantastic and
>>> works great with linux But I can't manage to make the remote control work
>>> :-( I've searched google and mailing-list archive but I haven't found any
>>> real answer The keys "1" "2" etc., the arrows keys, the volume keys and
>>> the "play/stop" keys are recognized.

>>> How can I get the other keys to work?

>> How are you testing them? Console? evtest?

> Sorry, I dont't know very much the events system in UNIX, I have just tried
> the buttons in gedit or so, and I have looked for "unknown key" events in
> dmesg.

Were you seeing those, you'd be doing the right thing in logging them and
producing a patch to add a new keymap (or, perhaps, alter an existing keymap
if you'd only be adding keys).

<URL:http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/Remote_controllers#Using_with_lircd>

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   I don't ask for much, just untold riches...

Any program which is stable is obsolete.