[linux-dvb] DiB3000MC rewritten and MT2060 is ready to go into main

Klaus Frahm frahm at irsamc.ups-tlse.fr
Sun Jul 30 14:17:16 CEST 2006


On 29 Jul, Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Finally I was able to prepare everything related to the MT2060 to be 
> committed to the main v4l-dvb repo.
> 
> By doing that, I also took the chance to rewrite DiB3000MC/P driver and 
> now it is in sync with DiBcoms internal 3000MC/P drivers (+ easier to 
> maintain for me, latest greatest features). For me this was the first step 
> before adding DiB7000-demodulator drivers because it will be based on the 
> same mechanism: For the architecture independent parts I just use a small 
> perl script to translate DiBcom's code to linux-dvb kernel code. I hope 
> the result is, even though some small overhead is inside, acceptable. 
> If someone totally disagrees, please do that now, before I spend more time 
> on the DiB7000-driver(s) .
> 
> I verified the new 3000mc-driver with all devices I have and it works. 
> However, it might be possible that I broke something. Can everyone with a 
> 3000P/MC-based device please test my repository 
> (http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb). Next week I will ask Mauro to pull 
> from it to the main tree and it would be great to have some test reports 
> before.

I have just tested (with my my AverTV A800) and up to now it works fine,
even better, your modifications seem to have corrected the other problem
which I reported here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-June/011248.html

see 2nd part of this post:

> I want also to mention a different (or related ????) problem with the
> device:
> Very often (but not always) after I get the first lock (for example
> using tzap or VLC) there is no video flux and I need to get a second
> lock (for example stopping tzap and starting it immediately again, or
> making stop and play with VLC, or first starting tzap with the "-x"
> option and then immediately starting VLC). Maybe this is related to the
> fact that I have a 100% perfect DVB-Reception from an external antenna
> and for example tzap gives me something like this:

> tuning to 714167000 Hz
> video pid 0x0078, audio pid 0x0082
> status 03 | signal bb17 | snr 0000 | ber 001fffff | unc 0000ffff | 
> status 1f | signal ba37 | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal 0000 | snr ffff | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal 0000 | snr ffff | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal 0000 | snr ffff | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK

> this shows a signal of "0" but the signal is in reality maximal at 100%
> (also confirmed with another DVB-tuner). VLC gives the same information
> about 0 signal in its output.

Now with the new version, I get the video flux already for the first
lock as it should be and I do no longer need to make "stop/play" in VLC
to start the video flux or use the work around with tzap which I have
described here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-July/011735.html


I will continue to test and eventually also try with kernel version
2.6.17 and 2.6.16.13-4 from Suse 10.1 (but not immediatly).

Greetings, Klaus.



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list