[linux-dvb] Signal finding / testing program

CR oauk32v02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 1 03:02:13 CEST 2006

Hi,

I recently moved and I'm having trouble getting my dish aligned correctly.
I was using a program for Windows called "Progfinder" which helps, but I
got to thinking it would be nice if there were a console program in Linux
that could...

- Tune to a channel on a requested transponder

- Report signal quality settings from the DVB card (Twinhan 102g can
report two different values, "signal" and "level")

- Auto-scan through a list of channels/transponders and report pass/fail
based on signal strength (so you can verify the setup is completely
working)

I'm thinking of writing such a program.  I looked at frontend.h and VDR
code for some inspiration, but how do I read the two signal quality values
from the Twinhan?  Any other suggestions or documents I should read?

Thanks,
C.