[linux-dvb] Errors compiling from hg snapshot

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Thu Jun 1 14:05:45 CEST 2006

Trent Piepho wrote:

>IMHO, Makefiles that accurately represet the real dependencies and build process
>work better.

[snip]

>It's nice for developers to be able to build all modules, to test changes,
>without having to create a custom kernel with support for everything.  It
>would be nice if this was still possible.

Trent, you are preaching to the choir.

>I haven't had so much luck with my changes to the build system getting merged.
>(hint, hint)

You are sending your patches to the wrong place.  Mauro is the
video4linux maintainer, and I don't think he reads the linux-dvb mailing
list, at least not often enough to see your patches.  You should cc the
video4linux mailing list and/or Mauro if you want your patches to the hg
repository build system to get applied.  (keep sending them to
linux-dvb, just dont forget to cc the others).

Good Luck,

Mike