[linux-dvb] TT 1400 DVB-S Budget with different PCI ID's

Michael Krufky mkrufky at m1k.net
Wed Jun 7 01:23:50 CEST 2006

Oliver Endriss wrote:

>Helmut Auer wrote:
>

>>Michael Krufky schrieb:

>>>Please generate a patch and submit it to the list, so that we can add it
>>>to the official repository, along with your developer's certificate of
>>>origin, in the form:
>>>

>Are you sure that 0x0133:0x1000 is a _valid_ subvendor id?
>Imho we must not add ids of broken cards to the repository.

Oliver,

I apologize.  Perhaps I acted too fast on this patch.  This thread was
sitting on the list since yesterday, and it seemed trivial enough to
me.  I understand that people are busy, and don't always have the time
to review every patch on the list.  This one looked fine to me, so I
thought I was saving everybody some time by pushing it through.  I hate
to see patches like these get lost, and it does happen quite often.

Back to the point:  I don't think this patch causes any harm.  I did,
however, look up 0x0133 in the pci-id database (
http://pciids.sourceforge.net ) and found nothing.  Does that mean that
this card is "broken" ?

Perhaps the eeprom contents got corrupted somehow, resulting in faulty
data?  If that is the case, then yes, I would have to agree that the
patch doesn't belong in our repository.  But what if there are more
cards with this subsystem id?  If so, then I wouldn't call it "broken"
at all.

The changeset has already been merged into v4l-dvb master (changeset
ba9ee31a73f6), but I can have it reverted if that is your preference.
What do you think?

Regards,

Michael Krufky