[linux-dvb] TT 1400 DVB-S Budget with different PCI ID's

Oliver Endriss o.endriss at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 03:16:29 CEST 2006

Michael Krufky wrote:
> Oliver Endriss wrote:
> >Helmut Auer wrote:

> >Are you sure that 0x0133:0x1000 is a _valid_ subvendor id?
> >Imho we must not add ids of broken cards to the repository.
> I apologize.  Perhaps I acted too fast on this patch.  This thread was
> sitting on the list since yesterday, and it seemed trivial enough to
> me.  I understand that people are busy, and don't always have the time
> to review every patch on the list.  This one looked fine to me, so I
> thought I was saving everybody some time by pushing it through.  I hate
> to see patches like these get lost, and it does happen quite often.

No problem.

> Back to the point:  I don't think this patch causes any harm.  I did,
> however, look up 0x0133 in the pci-id database (
> http://pciids.sourceforge.net ) and found nothing.  Does that mean that
> this card is "broken" ?

Overwritten eeproms are a common problem with saa7146-based cards.

On the other hand, the pci database might be incomplete.

So I checked the .inf file of the windows driver
and could not find 0x0133 anywhere. Btw, I doubt that Technotrend
(sub-vendor 0x13c2) would ship cards with a non-Technotrend id.

> Perhaps the eeprom contents got corrupted somehow, resulting in faulty
> data?  If that is the case, then yes, I would have to agree that the
> patch doesn't belong in our repository.  But what if there are more
> cards with this subsystem id?  If so, then I wouldn't call it "broken"
> at all.

> The changeset has already been merged into v4l-dvb master (changeset
> ba9ee31a73f6), but I can have it reverted if that is your preference.
> What do you think?

Imho we can leave it in the repository for now, but we have to verify
the id before the patch goes upstream into the kernel.

Could you please test the card with windows?
Could you find out whether there are more cards with this id?

VDR Remote Plugin available at