[linux-dvb] Freecom DVB-T USB stick & Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Rob Beard rob at esdelle.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 00:09:09 CEST 2006

Hi folks,

I've borrowed a Freecom DVB-T USB stick from my dad to see if it would
work before buying one (I previously had a K-World PCI card which would
only tune in BBC1).

I've followed the steps above, got the kernel modules compiled and
installed and now the usb stick is detected (seems the firmware had to
go in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/

Anyway, so far so good, USB stick is detected fine, firmware is loaded,
but then I go and look for /dev/dvb* and nothing is found.

I've been tearing my hair out all evening (didn't help with my dad
saying "It works fine in Windows"). I can't seem to get udev or whatever
it is to create the device nodes for the usb device.

Can anyone explain how I can create these device nodes?!?

I have tried running the dvb.sh script manually which doesn't do
anything, I have also modified devfs.rules, udev.rules,
020_permissions.rules to have *dvb* in the files rather than just dvb or
dvb*.

If it's any help, I'm running Ubuntu Breezy 5.10 with kernel
2.6.12-10-k7 on an Athlon 64 (nForce3 motherboard).

Ta,

Rob