[linux-dvb] No signal strength with LGDT3303

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Fri Jun 9 18:39:52 CEST 2006

Joseph Shraibman wrote:
> I am using kernel  2.6.16-1.2122_FC5.  Has this been fixed in later
> kernels?

This is not an issue with the FusionHDTV 5 USB Gold driver... Rather,
the lgdt330x frontend driver does not yet support the reporting of
signal strength.  For more information, you should search the linux-dvb
mailing list archives.  Google this search term: "lgdt330x signal
strength" , and you should land on an email thread between Mac Michaels
and I, discussing this topic.  Further searches will land on discussions
involving Rusty Scott and Taylor Jacobs.  You can try the patches
proposed by Taylor at the time he released the HD5000 patch, but I
recommend that you also read Mac Michael's explanation as per why the
patch was incorrect.  Other users have reported success with the patch,
but I have not tried it myself.

A short answer:  The frontend driver doesn't support it, and will not
support it anytime soon.

HTH,

Michael Krufky