[linux-dvb] Will a DirecTV Dish work with FTA Channels?

Dave Schile daveschile at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:58:47 CEST 2006

Hi,
I'm setting up a new HTCP on a Debian box with a technisat DVB card. I'm
wondering if anyone knows if I can use a DirecTV dish and lnb that I happen
to have. I'm just looking to get the FTA channels to start with.
For clarification: I'm not trying to get DirectTV programming, I just wanna
use the DirecTV dish to feed the DVB Card.

Is it possible? And, Where can I learn more about different antenna types
for DVB?

Thank you,
Dave