[linux-dvb] More on DViCO Dual

gma catchfire at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 08:13:53 CEST 2006

The PCI part with the latest patch does indeed work, it tunes and locks.
I'm watching tv with it now.
dmesg output:

CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 18ac:db50, board: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual
Digital [card=44,autodetected]
TV tuner 4 at 0x1fe, Radio tuner -1 at 0x1fe
cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.6 loaded
pci_hotplug: PCI Hot Plug PCI Core version: 0.5
cx88[0]/0: found at 0000:02:01.0, rev: 5, irq: 20, latency: 32, mmio:
0xeb000000cx88[0]/0: registered device video0 [v4l2]
cx88[0]/0: registered device vbi0
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:02:01.2[A] -> GSI 21 (level, low) -> IRQ 20
cx88[0]/2: found at 0000:02:01.2, rev: 5, irq: 20, latency: 32, mmio:
0xec000000cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based dvb card
DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...

I got the USB part to register again by removing my old DViCO plus card
and rebooting. Though I still can't tune using the USB part. Maybe the
PCI tuner isn't passing the signal to the USB tuner? Also the signal
strength I'm getting through the PCI is nowhere near as strong as the
signal I get from my old mt352 based DViCO Plus using the exact same
aerial. I am now going to try using the internal USB cable to see what
happens.