[linux-dvb] Re: DViCO Dual : USB zl10353 tuner registers,

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Jun 13 16:45:23 CEST 2006

gma wrote:
> After doing some testing i can confirm that the USB portion of the
> newer dual card registers a frontend, can lock onto a station using
> tzap, but does not stream anything through to dvr0.
>
> Also the newer zl10353 pci part has trouble tuning stations where as
> in WinXP it does not. The stations that I have managed to tune into
> through the pci zl10353 tuner show a signal strength of 0%. That's 0%
> as in nothing, nada, zip ;)
>
> I hope someone with one of these newer dual cards can prove me wrong :)
Hmm... It's difficult to troubleshoot this type of thing without having
the device in front of me...  As it stands right now, the problem with
the tuning seems like it could be an issue relating to the tuner pll
programming...  The driver is using the definition for the Thomson DTT
7579.   When Chris Pascoe worked on the original version of this device
(mt352-based) he explained that the tuner was labeled, "dee1601" , and
that it seemed to be identical to the dtt7579.  Perhaps your device uses
a different tuner?  Could you please check on this... I would need to
know about any writing on the "tin can"  -- you might even have to peel
off the sticker in order to find the right information.  I would assume
that the tuner on the PCI device would be the same one as on the USB
device, but please confirm this.  I have a feeling that the dtt7579
programming might be close, but not quite exactly what is needed in
order to fully support the tuner in your device.  (please keep in mind
that I am only guessing, here)

Also, about the issue where you are able to get a lock on the usb part,
but receive no data on the DVR device.....  I have had some similar
issues myself when originally working on the bluebird (cxusb) driver.
Could you please post the output of "lsusb -v" ?

Also, please confirm that you are using the bluebird firmware as posted
on linuxtv.org:

http://linuxtv.org/download/firmware/dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw

Cheers,

Michael Krufky