[linux-dvb] Tuning problems Divco Fusion 5 lite

Doug Wiltanger dwiltang at neo.rr.com
Tue Jun 13 20:15:44 CEST 2006

>> I just don't know what to look for next.  Is it just a bum card?  Or is
>> there something else I can do?  I'm running cvs  v4l-dvb from today.
> Based on your problem description, I don't think that the driver is the
> problem. here.  It seems that you are experiencing a weak signal.  I too,
> was experiencing problems like this before I purchased a drop-amp, but the
> driver DOES work.
>
> I recommend that you test the card using the windows driver... You will
> probably notice the same problems.  There is one difference, however...
> The windows driver uses DxVA for the mpeg decoding.  This isn't always
> possible when using linux, due to the proprietary video drivers out there.
> :-(
>
> So, unfortunately, I dont think your situation can be helped without
> amplifying the signal.
>
> HTH,
>
> Michael Krufky

Thanks, but I already have an op amp in the mix.   Even with the increased
signal I can't get it to work properly.  I can only give it one more bump in
signal and I'll try it, but I'll effectively remove all other outlets in the
home making it pointless.

The worst part is even with significantly less signal the card behaves
exactly the same.

I'll see if I can't find a windows system to test the card.

Thanks again,
Doug