[linux-dvb] Problems with Freecom ZL0353-based stick not being recognised

Whisker, Peter peter.whisker at logicacmg.com
Wed Jun 14 14:56:31 CEST 2006

I have one of the new Freecom DVB sticks with an alphanumeric serial
number. This lists in lsusb as:

"Bus 001 Device 002: ID 14aa:022a AVerMedia (again) or C&E"

This shows as a "New revision of the [Yakumo-type] devices with a Z0353
inside" in the FAQ.

I have Debian "testing" running  Kernel "2.6.15-1-686 #2 Mon Mar 6
15:27:08 UTC 2006 i686 GNU/Linux". However, when I plug in the USB
device, the system just records an acknowledgement of the device in the
log, but loads no drivers. If I load the drivers using modprobe, they
find no device.

Jun 14 13:42:38 localhost kernel: usb 1-2: new full speed USB device
using uhci_hcd and address 2

I have read the faqs with no obvious answer I can find. Does anyone have
any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks
Peter