[linux-dvb] PCIe cards

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 20:24:25 CEST 2006

On 15/06/06, Matt <fwmatt at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Just working if anyone has seen or heard about DVB-T PCIe cards ? Are
> there any currently being made or being supported (either by
> manufacturer or the kernel hackers)? I'm just about to up upgrade to
> 64bits and PCIe (I know very little about PCIe other than that I will
> have more PCIe slots that PCI slots) and I'm just wondering if anyone
> had any recommendations.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Lawrence

Not that I am aware of since I last asked the question! I just
upgraded my master MythTV machine to Athlon64, but stayed with PCI due
to the lack of supported PCIe cards so I could easily use DVB-T and
MPEG2 cards under Linux. I managed to get hold of a NForce3 Ultra
board (Gigabyte K8NS Ultra 939 has 5 PCI) which also has SPDIF and
dual LAN to boot. all of which are supported under Linux.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/