[linux-dvb] bttv hard locks machine !

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 14:26:05 CEST 2006

I demand that Brett Jones may or may not have written...

> Just upgraded my v4l tree and now whenever module bttv is loaded my machine
> will hard lock!!!!

> Any ideas, unfortunately nothing spits out in dmesg,....

Via serial console, presumably...

> I couldn't easily work out how to check out a old revision with HG any
> instructions on that?

  $ hg help

  $ make clean
  $ hg view                     # find which revision/changeset you want
  $ hg update $REVISION         # now select it (you may need 'update -C')
  $ make

If you're using a new-enough mercurial, "hg bisect" may help.

Of course, if you knew what revision you were using, that'd help :-)

|   Let's keep the pound sterling

A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.