[linux-dvb] Problems with multiple Nova-T USB2 devices

Laz laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 00:05:34 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm after people's experiences of using multiple USB DVB devices. I have two
Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 devices in addition to a PCI Nova-t. All seems fine,
all devices tune and stream, etc., with vdr.

After a few hours or so, the LEDs go out and I need to unplug the USB devices
and reboot before I can get them going again. One USB device (in conjunction
with the PCI device) works flawlessly for days, although it does occasionally
do the same 'trick'. My logs just say things about usb disconnects,
presumably because the device has died. I have yet to work out whether there
is anything specific that triggers this such as tuning one of the USB
devices, or similar.

Has anyone else had similar problems using two or more of these devices
together? This is on an Epia motherboard so I can only have one PCI DVB
device!

:(

All drivers are from a vanilla 2.6.16.5 kernel.

Cheers,

Laz