[linux-dvb] VP702x is now working : Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

Ken Harris kharris at stoic.net
Mon Jun 26 02:27:07 CEST 2006

 	Patrick:

 	I compiled your new driver.  It compiles and the driver loads OK.

 	"femon" runs OK, but when I run "dvbstream", it says, "Not able to
lock to the signal on the given frequency" (see details below)... and
dmesg says, "vp702x: usb in operation failed. (-110)"

 	This 'dvbstream' code works OK with the Twinhan VP1025 (which is
the same tuner & DVS-S decoder, but with a PCI bus) using Manu's driver:
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-February/008131.html

 	Here's the output of dvbstream:

/home/kjh/dvbstream/dvbstream -D 2 -f 1091000 -p V -s 20000 -udp -net 10.18.10.218:1234 0 16 33 4130 4132
dvbstream v0.6 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001-2004
Released under the GPL.
Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
Tuning to 1091000 Hz
Using DVB card "Twinhan DST-like frontend (VP7021/VP7020) DVB-S", freq=1091000
tuning DVB-S to Freq: 1091000, Pol:V Srate=20000000, 22kHz tone=off, LNB: 2
DISEQC SETTING SUCCEDED
Getting frontend status
Not able to lock to the signal on the given frequency

MAP 0, addr 10.18.10.218:1234 From -1 secs, To -1 secs, 5 PIDs -  0 16 33
4130 4132
dvbstream will stop after -1 seconds (71582788 minutes)
Streaming 5 streams