[linux-dvb] DVB-ASI RX/TX supported cards

andrea venturi a.venturi at cineca.it
Wed Jun 28 19:29:44 CEST 2006

Thomas Kernen wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm aware of some DVB-ASI RX cards that are supported under Linux.
> Anyhow I don't know of any RX/TX cards that are supported. I'm currently
> considering the DVB Master FD/Low Profile PCI card from DVEO that should
> support RX/TX but I've not heard any confirmation that this actually
> works under Linux.
>
> Does anyone on the list have experience with these cards and this
> specific model or any other RX/TX DVB-ASI capable cards?

actually we do use the dektec ASI card DTA140 (RX / TX)
http://www.dektec.com/Products/DTA-140/index.asp in our free and open
source MHP DSM-CC carousel server JustDvb-It (i don't have any economic
interest with them, of course)

here you can download the source; sorry italian web pages, for now..:
just put a valid email address at the bottom to get the pwd for the
download area of these MHP softwares:

   http://www.cineca.tv/labs/mhplab/index.html

when, three years ago, we had to choose an ASI card, we looked both at
Dektec and Dveo (and others) and we found the Dektec to:

- fit the vbasic features we needed
- have a cleaner and open source (public domain!) driver for the linux OS.
- have a clean public price, and they are cheap

so we choose Dektec; still, they are simple cards and cheap but (or
because) they are without advanced and fancy features (like PCR
restamping, that is done in their binary windows application like
StreamXpress)

i have to say, the USB versions need a binary firmware to be upload and
the driver is not open source on web but if you ask kindly you can have
also the source.

there is also a complete DVB-T modulator (DTA110T), but, up to know
there is no linux driver for this card; it should arrive in some months!

that's my 2 cents from the pocket..

bye

andrea venturi