[linux-dvb] Is firmware needed for KNC1 DVB-C-card?

Andrew de Quincey adq_dvb at lidskialf.net
Thu Jun 29 19:42:55 CEST 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 18:01, Peter Schram wrote:
> > Its encrypted - which is why mplayer isn't able to play it... but it
> > looks like a valid stream. What program are you using to control your
> > CAM? I'm not sure if mplayer is able to do that or not...
>
> I wasn't aware I need a program to control the cam separately. I'm doing
> the following:
>
> In a terminal as root :
>
> czap "RTL 4"

Ahhh yeah - all czap does is tune to a signal.. it doesn't tell the CAM to
decrypt or anything.

There is now a unified zap program called... er "zap" in dvb-apps, which
unifies all the *zap programs, and adds CAM support. I'm just about to start
testing it thoroughly, so it may not work correctly.

If you want to give it a try though, tell me of any problems.